WMF and Wales Arts International are currently in the process of coordinating a CD to be distributed at Womex and Celtic Connections. If you want to promote your material internationally, here’s your opportunity….
Womex is the world’s biggest, ethnic, traditional, alternative world, local and minority language music gathering and Celtic Connections is the leading Celtic folk showcase therefore we are looking for music from these genres. If you would like a track to be considered for inclusion on the CD, please ensure that all the tracks submitted meet the following criteria:
1. The owner of the IP must be based in Wales. This could mean:
– The label or publisher that own the copyright for the track
– The artist – only if they own the publishing for the track
2. Any track submitted must have been released in the last 12 months, or is scheduled for release in the next 6 months, and the label has to be subject to some form of national distribution deal and / or is looking to either distribute or license its material internationally.
3. The artist must be export ready.
4. The label, publisher or artist must have registered with the relevant collection societies.
5. Priority will be given to WMF Stakeholders and companies attending Womex 2009 / Celtic Connections 2010.
6. Preference may be given to labels and artists who have a functional and up to date website and are actively promoting their music so we ensure the most is made of this opportunity.
7. All submissions must be accompanied a submission form. You can download the form here:
(If you are submitting more than one artist please ensure that you include an application form for each artist)
Please make clear which track is your first choice to be included on the CD. Remember that the CD will be used as part of a year long strategy, so please keep this in mind when deciding which tracks are the most suitable.
If you would like more information on becoming a stakeholder please email: firstname.lastname@example.org Please note space on the CD is limited.
All tracks and supporting information should be sent to:
International CD 2009
Welsh Music Foundation
33-35 West Bute Street
Cardiff CF10 5LH
Deadline for submissions is Friday 11 September 2009 11am