Have a safe and happy Christmas say North Wales Police.
With the Christmas holiday season upon us, now is a good time to remind people to take extra steps to ensure your Christmas isn’t ruined by criminals.
Keep yourself and your property safe throughout the festive season by following this simple crime prevention advice:
• Keep doors and windows locked at all times.
• Leaving presents under the tree in full view from the outside can attract the attention of thieves – keep them out of sight until Christmas Day.
• If you are storing larger items such as bikes in the garden shed, ensure the door is locked.
• Make a note of the frame numbers of new cycles and the serial numbers of new electrical equipment for future reference. Also, mark valuables with your house number and postcode.
• Leave a light on a timer if you’re going away for Christmas or if you’re out for the evening.
• Remember – empty boxes left outside advertise that you have new goods inside – dispose of packaging carefully.
• Don’t leave handbags on unattended trolleys or pushchairs.
• Wear bag straps across your body and ensure the zip is closed.
• Keep purses / wallets close to your body and don’t carry too much cash.
• Be aware of who is around you at cash points.
• Keep chequebooks and cards separately.
Protect your vehicle
• Never leave anything on display inside your vehicle.
• Keep all windows and doors locked.
• Use extra security such as steering wheel locks and/or alarms.
• Park in a garage if you’ve got one at home.
• When out and about, park in a well-lit open area.
Police are appealing for any suspicious activity be reported to them on 101, or 0845 607 1001 (Welsh Language Line ) 0845 607 1002 ( English Language Line ) or Crimestoppers Wales Cymru on 0800 555 111.
Alternatively send a text message to 66767 or email – email@example.com