Cymer Abbey is a ruined medieval Cistercian abbey near the village of Llanelltyd, just north of Dolgellau, Gwynedd (formerly Merionethshire), Wales. It was founded in 1198 by Maredudd ap Cynan and is now in the care of Cadw. Situated next to a farm, the ruins are open to the public at any reasonable time (see below for details).
|Admission Charge:-||Adult – £0, Concession – £0, Family – £0|
|Hours:||Spring Opening Times:
open siteSummer Opening Times:open site
Autumn Opening Times:
Winter Opening Times:
open siteOpen sites are unstaffed and open to the public with no admission charge at all reasonable times, usually between 10.00 and 16.00 daily.
|Disabled Facilities:||This site is laid to grass. The ground within the remains is uneven and unsuitable for wheel chairs but the ground around them is more even. There are information panels.There is limited car parking at the site.
There are public toilets, including an adapted toilet, 400m (433yds) away. These are provided by the National Park and are limited to seasonal opening.
Disabled visitors and their assisting companion will be admitted free of charge to all monuments. Please note that, for health reasons, dogs are not allowed on Cadw sites, but guide dogs and hearing dogs for the deaf are welcome.