Ewenny Priory, in Ewenny in the Vale of Glamorgan, Wales, was a Norman monastery within a fortified perimeter wall, of the Benedictine monks of Gloucester Abbey by Maurice de Londres in 1141.
The building was unusual in having military-style defences. Following the Dissolution of the Monasteries, the priory, like many of its kind, was converted into a private house. However, the priory church is still in use, and restoration work has recently been carried out by Cadw.
|Admission Charge:-||Adult – £0, Concession – £0, Family – £0|
|Hours:||Spring Opening Times:
open siteSummer Opening Times:open site
Autumn Opening Times:
Winter Opening Times:
open siteOpen sites are unstaffed and open to the public with no admission charge at all reasonable times, usually between 10.00 and 16.00 daily.
|Disabled Facilities:||Disabled visitors and their assisting companion will be admitted free of charge to all monuments where an admission charge is levied. Please note that, for health reasons, dogs are not allowed on Cadw sites, but guide dogs and hearing dogs for the deaf are welcome.A guide is available for disabled visitors to some of Cadw’s most popular sites. Versions of the guide for specific sites are available in Braille by telephoning Cadw HQ (01443 336 000). The guide is best used in conjunction with Cadw site leaflets or the Cadw Map of Wales. Guidebooks are also available for many of the sites.|