St Mary’s Church is an Anglican Church & Greek Orthodox Church in the center of Swansea, south Wales.
There was a church on the site of St Mary’s since circa 1328, erected by Henry de Gower, Bishop of Saint David’s. One Sunday morning, in 1739, the roof of the nave collapsed into the church. Fortunately this was before the waiting congregation entered the building. The whole structure was re-built apart from the tower. 1822 saw the church being lit by gas for the first time with thirty six lamps. The church underwent complete renovation between 1879 and 1882 by Vicar Dr Morgan. In 1896, the church was flattened and rebuilt again by Dean Allan Smith, though some parts of the old church survived the re-development.