Cardiff Market, also known as Cardiff Central Market, is a Victorian indoor market in the Cardiff city centre, capital city of Wales. The market was designed by the Borough Surveyor, William Harpur, and opened in May 1891. A farmers market is known to have existed at the site since the 1700s.
The market consists of two shopping levels, a ground floor and a balcony level which wraps around the market exterior walls on the interior. Entrances to the market are located at High Street, Trinity Street and from an alleyway off Church Street. There is a large H. Samuel clock above the High Street entrance, which was presumably donated by the H. Samuel jewellery chain, which once had a store just outside the High Street entrance.
Traders in the market offer a variety of fresh produce, cooked food, various delicacies and more durable goods. A trader of note is Ashton’s the fishmongers, who have traded in the market since 1866 at the Trinity Street entrance selling a wide range of fresh seafood.