Crindau Marina is a possible development in Crindau, Newport. The marina would provide opportunities for new housing, shops and leisure facilities focused around a waterside location. Newport Unlimited, the Newport urban regeneration company, have secured £75,000 of funding from the Welsh Assembly Government’s ‘Catching the Wave’ action plan (to stimulate coastal economies in Wales), to consider the possibility of a developing a marina in Crindau. The marina would be part of the regeneration of Newport as a whole.
The marina’s objectives:
- Making a feature of the Monmouthshire canal terminus in Crindau
- New housing and retail development
- Waterside leisure facilities and riverside park
- Improved access to the area
- New business premises, where required, to accommodate new and existing businesses