Denbighshire County Council is advising residents that some services may be disrupted on Thursday, 10 July due to planned industrial action by members of some public sector unions, although every effort will be made to deliver frontline services wherever possible.
A number of schools have already confirmed they are set to close:
- Ysgol Tir Morfa, Rhyl
- Ysgol Llywelyn, Rhyl
- Bodnant Community School, Prestatyn
- Ysgol y Llys, Prestatyn
- Ysgol Plas Brondyffryn (Ty’n Fron, Gerddi Glasfryn, Park Street and Ty’r Ysgol sites)
- Plas Cefndy
- Denbigh High School.
There are a few partial closures:
- Ysgol Bro Famau, Llanarmon yn Iâl will only be open to Year 6 pupils
- Ysgol Pendref, Denbigh will be open to Years 3,4,5 and 6.
- Ysgol y Faenol, Bodelwyddan will be open to Nursery. Reception, Years 1,2,3 and 4.
- Ysgol Hiraddug, Dyserth will be open to Nursery, Reception, Years 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6.
This information is subject to change and the latest information can be found on the Council’s website: www.denbighshire.gov.uk.
Refuse: Collections on the 10th of July 2014 will be reduced due to the industrial action. The Council will be focussing on collecting recycling and food waste. If bins are not emptied on Thursday, residents are asked to leave them out and they will be picked up as soon as possible.
Council Main Buildings: All main buildings accessible to the public will be open.