Abbey Cwmhir Hall is a neo-Elizabethan country house in the Welsh county of Radnorshire. It was built in 1833 for Thomas Wilson on the site of a house built c.1656 for the Fowler family, which was later owned by the Hastings family, Earls of Huntingdon. Wilson�s house was extended and altered as a Victorian mansion of ashlar, decorated with polychromatic bands and elaborate bargeboards, by Poundley & Walker of Liverpool in 1867-69 for Thomas Philips, a Manchester cotton manufacturer.
The house was doubled in size by the Philips family in 1869, who then added the snooker room in 1894.
Paul and Victoria Humpherston bought the Hall in late 1997 and have spent the subsequent years restoring it. Their results have been featured on BBC Wales� "Discovering Welsh Houses" and "Wales Today", on ITV "Wales Tonight" and on S4C.