Bayvill - From 'A Topographical Dictionary of Wales' (1849)
BAYVILL, a parish, in the union of Cardigan, hundred of Kemmes, county of Pembroke, South Wales, 3 miles (E. N. E.) from Newport; containing 130 inhabitants. This small parish is situated in the northern part of the county, within a short distance of the coast, and is intersected by a stream, which rises to the north of the church, and falls into the river Nevern near its influx into the sea at Newport bay. The living is a discharged vicarage, rated in the king's books at £5, and endowed with £800 royal bounty, with the perpetual curacy of Moylgrove consolidated; net income, £224; patron, the Lord Chancellor. The impropriate tithes of Bayvill have been commuted for a rent-charge of £110, and the vicarial tithes for one of £15: the impropriate glebe comprises 12 acres, valued at £6 per annum. The church is dedicated to St. Andrew. There is a place of worship for Independents, with a Sunday school held in it.