Llangolman (Llan-Golman) - From 'A Topographical Dictionary of Wales' (1849)
LLANGOLMAN (LLAN-GOLMAN), a parish, in the poor-law union of Narberth, hundred of Kemmes, county of Pembroke, South Wales, 8 miles (N.) from Narberth; containing 255 inhabitants. This parish, which derives its name from the dedication of its church to St. Golman, was formerly a chapelry under the parish of St. Mary's. It is pleasantly situated on the Eastern Cleddy river, in the eastern extremity of the county; and is bounded by the parish of Mynachlogdû on the north, by that of Llandissilio on the south, by Carmarthenshire on the east, and by the parish of Llandilo on the west. It is intersected by the turnpike-road from Newport to Narberth, and its northern part by that leading from Fishguard to Narberth; and comprises 2912 acres, of which a considerable portion is arable, and the rest pasture, with a few acres of woodland: the chief produce is barley and oats, with a little wheat. The scenery is pleasingly varied, and the views over the adjacent country embrace some interesting features: the gentlemen's seats are Llangolman and Plâs-y-Meibion. Slate of good quality is found in the parish, and some quarries are worked upon an extensive scale, affording employment to such of the inhabitants as are not engaged in agriculture. The living is a perpetual curacy endowed with £800 royal bounty, with the living of Llandilo annexed, also endowed with £800 royal bounty: the total net income of the joint living is £97. The tithes of the parish have been commuted for £110, of which £76. 6. 8. are payable to T. Bowen, Esq., the patron. The church is a plain edifice, forty-five feet long and fifteen wide. In the parish is a place of worship for Independents, called Llandilo chapel, in which a Sunday school is also held.