Photograph reproduced under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 license
Morgans Hotel, Swansea The Morgans Hotel is the only Welsh Tourist Board five star-rated hotel in Swansea, and it describes itself as Swansea's only boutique hotel. By international standards, Morgans Hotel is rated as four star.
The hotel occupies an ornate Grade II listed building adjacent to the offices of the South Wales Evening Post in Swansea's Maritime Quarter, formerly used by Associated British Ports. An additional 21 rooms are located in a nearby Regency house.
Originally completed in 1903, the main hotel building was designed by architect Edwin Seward who submitted the winning design out of 100 entries. The original character of the building is still preserved after its conversion to a hotel: the decorative Baroque exterior is clad in red brick and white stone and topped by a Greek statue-clad clock cupola; the interior features stained glass with compasses, exploration and maritime themes. A mural depicting tall masted ships on the River Tawe, overlooked by Swansea Castle, decorates the boardroom.
Previous names for the building have included Associated British Ports Building and Swansea Harbour Trust Building, reflecting the names of the building's occupiers.
All copyrights acknowledged with thanks to Wikipedia. Another site by 3Cat Design 2006-2010 Whilst we try to give accurate information, we accept no liability for loss or incorrect information listed on this site or from material embedded on this site from external sources such as YouTube. If you do spot a mistake, please let us know. Email:[email protected]