Resolven RFC is a Welsh rugby union team based in Resolven. Resolven RFC plays in the Welsh Rugby Union, Division Four South West League. Resolven RFC are a feeder club for the Ospreys.
Rugby was supposedly introduced to Resolven by two visiting engineers; Charlie Thomas and Alf Morgan, in 1885. The Club first played at Tan-y- Rhiw, then the Brick Field, then in 1898 to Sardis field until moving again, this time to the Farmers Field. Between the World Wars rugby was played on the Drehir ground on which the club had managed to acquire a changing room and grandstand. During the Second World War the Drehir ground was used by the UK government to build a munitions factory. In 1945 this left Resolven RFC in the position of being members of the WRU but without a playing field.
On the 31st October 1946 a new ground at Tan-y-Rhiw field was opened on which Resolven play rugby to this day. Capt. J.N. Vaughan granted the use of the field and on the 14th October 1954 the Vaughan family of Rheola donated the freehold of the property to Resolven Rugby Football Club. The field was renamed the Vaughan Rugby Ground in honour of their benefactor.
- 1934-35 West Wales Rugby Union Champions
- 1994-95 Welsh League Division 7 Central - Champions
- 1995-96 Glamorgan County Silver Ball Trophy - Winners