Skokham Isle - From 'A Topographical Dictionary of Wales' (1849)
SKOKHAM ISLE, an extra-parochial district, in the hundred of Rhôs, county of Pembroke, South Wales, 4 miles (W.) from Dale. It comprises about two hundred acres, and is situated about three miles from the main land, and five miles west-by-north from St. Anne's Point at the mouth of Milford Haven. The shore on all sides is bold, and in some parts precipitous, except for a small space on the north side, where is the landing-place. The southern portion is based on red rabstone, and the northern on limestone. It is chiefly valuable for the pasturage of sheep, and as a rabbit warren; a small turbary supplies fuel, and there is an abundance of fresh water. The channel between this island and that of Gresholm, extending in a line towards St. Anne's lighthouse, is called the Wild Goose Race.