The Vale of Glamorgan Railway is a heritage railway based at Barry in the Vale of Glamorgan, South Wales. There is a heritage centre (VoGRC) with a short running track at Barry Island, near to the site of the former Woodhams' Scrapyard. The former wagon repair works building at Barry is now used to store rolling stock undergoing restoration. Much of the line's stock was moved from Cardiff Bay railway station when that site was redeveloped as part of the Cardiff Bay redevelopment project. Some parts of the line, particularly around the Plymouth Road/Barry Island area, were used for several scenes in the Doctor Who episodes The Empty Child and The Doctor Dances in January 2005.
Stock marked with an asterisk (*) is located at the former Barry EWS depot. The other stock is located at the VoGRC at Barry Island.
Main Line Steam locomotives
- BR 2-6-4T Class 4MT no. 80150*
- BR 2-10-0 Class 9F np. 92245*
- GWR 2-8-0 2800 Class no. 2861*
- GWR 2-6-2T 5101 Class no. 4115*
- GWR 2-8-0T 5205 Class no. 5227*
- GWR 0-6-2T 5600 Class no. 6686*
- LMS 4-6-0 Class 5MT no. 44901*
- LMS 2-8-0 Class 8F no. 48518*
Industrial Steam Locomotives
- Hunslet 0-6-0ST No 3840 "Pamela". In service in dark red livery
- RSH Corby 0-6-0ST No No 62 "Ugly". Awaiting Overhaul, requires a new inner firebox, restoration planned to start once Owen is complete.
- RSH 0-4-0ST No 7705 "Owen". Undergoing restoration, the frames are complete and work is now focussing on the boiler.
- Andrew Barclay Fireless 0-4-0F. Stored awaiting major restoration, the engine is for sale.
- BR 0-6-0 Class 08 no. 08481*. Operational.
- BR 0-6-0 Class 14 no. D9521. Operational.
- BR Bo-Bo Class 20 no. 20228 (as CFD no. 2004). Operational.
- BR Co-Co Class 47 no. 47768*. Undergoing restoration.
Diesel multiple units
- BR Class 108 unit 51919+52048* and spare DT 54279. In service.
- BR Class 115 unit 51655+59664+51677*. Nearly in service.
- BR Class 117 unit 51339+51382*. In service.
Electric multiple units
- BR Class 488/2 unit 8206 (72505+72629)
- BR Class 488/3 unit 8311 (72620+72710+72621)
- BR Class 489 unit 9110 (68509)