Laugharne Rugby Football Club is a Welsh rugby union team from the village of Laugharne, West Wales. They presently play in the Welsh Rugby Union, Division Three West League.
The earliest recorded evidence of a rugby team in Laugharne comes from a team photo taken in 1893, though it could be argued that the game was played as early as a decade before, though no proof survives. The early years saw rugby in Laugharne being played on a non-affiliated basis, with most matches being friendlies, though in the 1930's the club entered a league in Pembrokeshire.
In the 1970/71 season Laugharne RFC finally joined the West Wales Rugby Union and started playing competative games.
The team badge consists of a shield divided into quarters. Cockleshells, a castle, a Celtic cross and a coat of arms tell of Laugharne’s links with the sea, its seashore castle and the old feudal and township system.
Laugharne Rugby Football Club