St Dogmael’s Abbey
Photograph William M. Connolley Reproduced under the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2
is a Welsh abbey founded about 1115 for a prior and twelve monks of the order of Tiron. The founders were Robert fitz Martin and his wife, Maud Peverel (sister of William Peverel the younger, d.1149). The buildings are now mostly ruins, though extensive walls and arches dating from the twelfth to sixteenth centuries remain.
The abbey is close to Cardigan
and Poppit Sands
| Admission Charge:-
||Adult – £0, Concession – £0, Family – £0
||Spring Opening Times:
Summer Opening Times:
Autumn Opening Times:
Winter Opening Times:
Open sites are unstaffed and open to the public with no admission charge at all reasonable times, usually between 10.00 and 16.00 daily.
| Disabled Facilitie:
||Disabled visitors and their assisting companion will be admitted free of charge to all monuments where an admission charge is levied. Please note that, for health reasons, dogs are not allowed on Cadw sites, but guide dogs and hearing dogs for the deaf are welcome.
A guide is available for disabled visitors to some of Cadw’s most popular sites. Versions of the guide for specific sites are available in Braille by telephoning Cadw HQ (01443 336 000). The guide is best used in conjunction with Cadw site leaflets or the Cadw Map of Wales. Guidebooks are also available for many of the sites.